Sunday, September 17, 2006

SHAME ON YOU !

Date + Time : 17th September, 1:00 am
Place: An army checkpoint

I was returning home from a DJ Stint done under very critical health conditions. The vehicle I travelled was stopped for usual checking procedures. The soldier was asking routine questions. When he asked from where am I returning from I said that it is from a PARTY. And there it was. The soldier went in to sudden hollowness, looked in to the loneliness in the dark sky...
Making me wonder what did I say wrong, and then I realized.......
I felt so numb and will remain so for quite awhile.....

How I made a savior of our country feel miserable for an endless number of nights. Oh how I hate myself for telling him that it was a PARTY. "Shame On You" I heard my mind whisper to me on a night that I found sleep as the hardest thing to find.

DEAR LORD, I HATE U FOR NOT MAKING ME STRONG ENOUGH LIKE THEM.....OR IS IT MYSELF THAT I HAVE TO HATE ?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow...don't feel guilty Radi...thats another harsh reality of the war that has been gripping our home. I hate this senseless situation in SL.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 11:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Radz,
Dont hate urself or feel ashamed.Yeah the army do the hard work datz ryt bt As Sri lankans we're doing our best to save our country by supporting them to do their job well.(i mean sumthing lyk co-operatin them on security checkz.well this is sumthing we can do 4 our country! at least in our own little way)So helping them is lyk helping our country.So u can b proud of dat.
anyway ur article is heart catching.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger Lady divine said...

ur actually ryt abt that one...i've felt that way many times myself. but at this point of time, ur wonderful thought really counts alot...i too wish i could do something great to stop all this..btw, i'm sivantha's cousin, Wajinie. found a link to ur blog from a comment u had left in another blog..:)

Monday, October 02, 2006 8:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home