Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Bloggy Weekend

So so so....It's the bloody weekend over here...and quite strangely Radikal Zee decides to go blogging after some serious thought. I was a constant "anti-blogger" until the recent past where for some reason I began to think that blogging is infact not that anti-kool. So anyway on with the show then...to the wicked and wild world of Radikal Zee....

Am I jobless writing a blog on a so called weekend ? Hmm..come to think about it. Nah...It was never supposed to happen this way. Up until Thursday, all was fine, weekend was fully booked, two private parties, two singing stints and damn, shit happened. Come to think of lives of vocalists. The cold hit me. And it was going big time on Friday. Eventhough those days I would take no notice, or take no action to counter-attack a "mere" cold, nowadays are different. The cold struck me and my mind went through all sortsa excuses I can give to the "bosses" of the parties that I was to perform at. I've been doing my best, trying my best to drink whatever possible to make my voice sound normal, but the occasional cough is not making things easier. And definetely I can't afford to hop on a stage and scream "In the End, it doesn't even matter" with occasional jerks (in the form of cough) sure to provide a scratching effect for the songs. Damn it will sound weired as hell. So much for my plans.

I had the courage anyway to pick up the phone and tell 'em (obviously trying to sound totally down as ever) that I'm having a total vocal screw up. The responses were not that welcome. Someone wanted to come and do at least the DJ stint. A DJ stint without a voice to host ?? Nah, it was not my style. And to add more, all I wanted to do tonight was to sleep tight to the max, especially after the damn workout on the wee hours of today. So I said NO, and promised to do something extra on another day may be on a so called special rate. (extra and special..? yeah my foot)

I feel very sleepy even now, but as always the music is keeping me roaring to go. (not exactly roaring may be...but somewhat) But one thing is for sure, being a vocalist is not only about singing. U need to drink the right HOT stuff. So much for my desire for extra-chilled coke cans. Everytime, I catch this cold my mom comes to the rescue with all "her kind of medicine" at "my kind of place". So much fuss for a mere cold....When did I ever think ??? Afterall, I am a so called vocalist. Sounds messy...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sunny Smiley Gurl said...

for someone wit a really BAD cold th@ is an amuSing n excitng blog! :) hey radz..this a real cool one had a tonna fun reading it..n i really do hope u gt well soon...think of all da dance deprived souls out there who are waiting for u to play some groovy music! as well as hear some Radz' Vibes Live as well! :) well..this jst goes to shw dat no mattr hw under the flu u r da engines r totally in motion! hope to read another one soon RAdz!

Saturday, August 12, 2006 11:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home